If you're a long time reader of my blog, you know that I love to make cards QUICKLY!
But now I've really upped my game with tags instead of cards! Who needs a card when you can make an adorable tag in half the time?
Washi Tape, of course! Washi Tape ranks right up there next to chocolate in my book.
(This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products you need. No product was given to me. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you.)
Aren't those fun? Here's how to make your own.
Grab a piece of cardstock and cut it into a rectangle shape.
1. Cut a long triangle on the right side of your rectangle cardstock.
2. Flip the triangle over (the one you just cut off) and place it on the left side of the rectangle.
3. Using the triangle as a pattern, cut the left side.
This allows both the right and left sides of the tag to match.
4. Start covering the tag with strips of Washi Tape.
Washi Tape can be found at craft stores or buy the tapes in packs through Amazon. One roll of tape lasts a long time when making these tags. Here's some options to consider.
You can tear the Washi Tape to fit directly on the tag with torn, raw edges showing, like this one:
or have clean, straight edges like this one:
To make clean edges, extend strips of Washi Tape over both edges of the tag.
Then, turn tag over and trim the edges with scissors.
5. Hole punch tag. (Optional: put in an eyelet.)
If you've never used a Crop-A-Dile Power Punch you're missing out! This is one of my favorite crafting tools. It punches holes and then presses the eyelets in securely.
6. Add a letter sticker on top of the tag. You can use the first letter of the recipient, or...
spell out their entire name. Just be sure your tag is big enough.
7. Write a message on the back of the tag and tie onto a gift, bag or box.
There you have it! Super-Quick Washi Tape Tags.
More posts you might like:
Mini Birthday Tags
Quick, Cute Notecards
More Quick, Cute Notecards
Washi Tape Easter Egg Tags
Linking up to: LinkPartyPalooza,